An electromagnetic Bulle clock in a four glass brass and mahogany case, serial number 5724, dated early 1920s.
The 5¼ inch silvered dial has a skeletonised centre, with black steel spade hands.
The pendulum consists of a coil which passes over the curved bar magnet with three poles (North at either end and South in the centre, or vice versa). As an electrical current is briefly imparted to the coil, it is attracted towards one end of the bar. It then naturally falls back to (and over-runs) the centre, when the impulse is again imparted to attract it to the other end. This design was patented in 1920, and during the period 1920 to 1952 it is estimated that production was in the region of 300,000 clocks.
- Height: 15 inches (37.5cms)
- Width: 8½ inches (22cms)
- Depth: 6½ inches (17cms)
The mechanism has been fully overhauled, and runs off two AA batteries in a regulated holder, concealed within the vertical brass tube, and accessed through the base.
Guaranteed for 3 years.
Price includes delivery within mainland UK.
Also in stock:
Ref: GH82412Make an enquiry